My first MGB. Red. Rusty. Horrible. This project ended when the jack went through the frame.
My second MGB. BRG Green. Shiny. Ran fairly well. I topped the ton multiple times in this speed machine and surpised myself by surviving high school in this demon.
A Corrado with a VR6 swap, custom tune, and all the standard drivetrain updates.My 1986 MR2. This project is ongoing. I started in 2003 with a mule vehicle to design a drivetrain and suspension system around as well as fitting a Haltech and eventually SDS ECU system.

4AGZE bottom end matched to a GE head.
4A refers to the block. GZE refers to the supercharged trimmed long block. GE refers to the naturally aspirated version. When a Toyota engine receives a turbocharger it has a t added to the engine code. This is why most 4A fans refer to a turbocharged 4A engine as 4AGTE or 4AFTE depending on which head it is using.
There are many variations of castings and materials, what it boils down to is this is an ALL O.E.M. Toyota motor with forged crank, rods, and pistons. Toyota used to know how to build tanks, the 1zz's and 2zz's really disappoint me, I know they can do better.

First manifold design for test fitting.

Final manifold being fabricated. Internally and externally welded. I used steam pipe instead of header tubing to help retain more energy.

At first I wanted to design a turbo system that would allow for the entire engine to be removed in under 30 minutes. The quick release hardware was to expensive at the time so I decided to return to this at a later date.

4AGTE with GM coil packs. When I ran a Haltech E6X I was using Mitsubishi coils but I ran into many problems with them.


A good overall view showing the trunk mount intercooler, welded doors and structural reinforcement.



The roofless car did not fair well with local authorities so I decided to tuck all of my work inside a nice lightweight shell that appears fairly stock.

Check out THIS video of the MR2 in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_hSL4md9OA

The last piece of the puzzle is fabricating a louvered cover that matches the 80's aesthetic and hides the engine out of view from unsuspecting victims.
I am really looking forward to bring the MR2 to Detroit and letting it loose on the streets.

Audi A4 1.8turbo Quattro Manual, my daily driver.






3 comments:
HOLY SHIT crazy mr2(s) I remember seeing that choptop on mr2oc! AAAND you got a hardtop?? you don't play around
coolest mirror ever!
Post a Comment